Friday, September 6, 2013

September 6, 2013


Dear Sage,

You have teeth now.  5 to be exact.  Still, however, clueless about what good they can do.  Chewing is  clearly a concept you have yet to understand.  When we feed you oatmeal, which is as brave as we get to feeding you something that is not strained to death, the oats just hang around the sides of your mouth which really should make you gross but really just makes you adorable.

You expect an applause now every time you are able to do things.  Every time  we are able to align our index fingers, every time  you are able to switch the light on or off (with the help of papa of course), and every time you take in a spoonful of food, you look at me proudly and wait for my applause.  And when it comes, you squeal and join in, always looking like you’re about to burst in ecstasy. 

So far you are quite a happy kid, easy to warm up.  When you see new faces, you are quiet for about 30 minutes, assessing, I’d like to think, their auras.  Then when you’re ready, we hear you, we see you, we feel you.  You are quite the experience.  As tita Riya said “Walang sinabi si Maring sayo.”

But on the other side of the oh so happy disposition is a temper not shy at all to show itself.  That, you get from your dad.  Or my dad.  Basta not from me.  You’re a little impatient too when you don’t get your way.  It’s cute now and papa and I laugh every time you  throw a fit.  But let’s work on that when it stops being cute.  Not for us, for you.  I know a lot of patient people and I know a lot of impatient people and the patient ones seem more zen and chill and happy.  

I love you.

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment